Answered question


I have recently purchased a flat on resale in Bangalore and need to transfer A khata to my name. However I do not have the previous khata because the seller said he has applied for it but not received it and provided on an acknowledgement copy of khata bifurcation application. I am now not able to get hold of the seller to get the khata certification from him or enquire if he received it. I have up to date tax paid receipts, EC, Sale Deed. How can I transfer A khata to my name?


Dear Sir,


Without A Katha in the name of your vendor it is very hard for you to get Katha transferred in your name. 

Disclaimer: The above responses are NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as the response is totally based on the query posted by the customer. You may contact any of the lawyer at with your specific query to get the legal opinion.