Answered question


I was working in a private limited company. One fine day while i was solving queries of my colleague, i brushed through the body of a male colleague, the aisle is congested where i work. He felt offended. I sent him a text message with a hi which he did not respond to. Then he filed a complaint of molestation against me the company's internal HR cell and the company found this against me. The company took all of the above forcibly from me on a letter. Do i stand a chance to appeal against this decision? None of the sections of molestation is against men, theyre all for female victims so i dont understand how am i guilty of any wrong doing.


Dear Madam,


The sexual abuse offences can be invoked by the women and not by men. You can prefer appeal and get a favourable finding. Further you can approach High Court and make the law clear on the issue and also get some compensation since the law is being misused by your Management. 

Disclaimer: The above responses are NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as the response is totally based on the query posted by the customer. You may contact any of the lawyer at with your specific query to get the legal opinion.